Saturday, July 12, 2008

Week 5 Thing #11

Pardon me all while I boast, brag and bask in my current feelings of superiority. 8,000 years ago in some other class I set up a del.icio.us account and added a couple of favorites to it. I never kept up with it and did not refer to it. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I stumbled from computer to computer wondering where I completed what task and that went for book marks/favorites as well. I'll have you all know my del.icio.us account is now up to date and I have taken book marks from home and book marks from my work computer, tagged them all beautifully and am all ready to roll!! There really is a time and place when we're ready to adopt new habits and skills - it may be sad, but I'm finally ready to incorporate del.icio.us knowing it is time and it will help me function better. To go one step further I taught my 16 year old about it and how it could be useful to her between home and school. Did I receive the usual growl/"whatever" that is the norm? I think not. I did receive a bit of an arched brow and a "hmmmm", yes, I can see how that could help me keep track of all the sites I use for different projects. This my friends is the equivalent of locating pot of gold the the average parent of a 16 year old. Excuse me all while I savor this moment, there just aren't that many.

I already belong to a couple of Ning's and I'm NOT joining anymore!

So sorry but the travel I.Q. game was all too stressful for me. Watching that little bar travel across the page just made me anxious. Why yes, I can find Boston, New York and Stockholm but do I really need to be chastised when I am an unspeakable number of kilometers from the correct site of Hamburg, Germany? Again, my 16 year old loved it. She has a much better handle on geography (thank you teachers) than I.

No comments: