Monday, July 21, 2008

Week 9 Thing 20



I chose the above clip because I couldn't spend my whole life searching through Teacher Tube!! I don't even want to admit how many clips I watched today and not all of them were educationally rewarding. I got lost for entirely too long clicking around in those librarian clips, hoping to find the holy grail of funny things. What a time suck! While the above clip would be too much in an elementary, what a great intro to a High School or College contemporary U.S. History course. I was a little surprised that I couldn't find credit given to the music anywhere on the video.

I have shown Teacher Tube to several colleagues but I don't think I would mind offering to search for a particular resource for them. They email me about gathering print resources, websites and videos - why not film clips too? I think Teacher Tube can fall by the wayside this fall though as ASD brings United Streaming Online. I just love this resource. Teacher's don't have to sort through what may be inaccurate student created videos on United Streaming.

I'm not wild about searching for things on Teacher Tube but it certainly was easy to slip this clip in to my blog.

No comments: