Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Week 9 Thing 23

What worked:
The class was valuable. There was merit in using parts of the book along with all the online exploration.

I appreciated the opportunity to complete this outside the school year even though that posed its own motivational problems:) I found myself really exploring more (losing hours of my life) because I didn't have my normal schedule dictating my time constraints as much. Thank goodness the weather has been less than ideal in the Anchorage area, this helped me set aside more time for these tasks.

I wish I kept track of how many hours I spent on the class because I know it was well above the average 2 credit class. If everyone had done this you would be able to share that information with future students and they could better gauge their time for class completion.

You might consider setting aside a spot for questions. Not that you needed anything else to monitor.


What didn't work: My motivation struggled at times - see what you can do about that will you? Also, if you could have provided a dog walker for me during the class that would have been helpful as my pooch was less then thrilled with my hours at the keyboard.

I had to build the habit of always opening another window so I could get back to the Raven site or to my blog. It would have been terrific if everything opened in a new window off of the Raven site. Not the end of the world.

While it was easy to comment on others blogs, I felt the requirement of 5 posts to the curriculum wiki was a bit contrived. I didn't have 5 ideas worthy of posting that hadn't already been posted by others by the time I got to that assignment. At that point it is just fulfilling a requirement. I would probably alter that in some way.

Thanks so much to Katie and Ann for making this opportunity available to all of us! We very much appreciate this time to explore!
Leslie

1 comment:

Katie said...

We sure appreciate your comments. They will help us improve the class for the future. I don't have a solution for the dog walking situation but I can offer a suggestion on the multiple windows. I use Firefox which has the ability to open a page in a new tab. On my Mac if I hold down the "open apple" key when clicking on a link the page opens in a new tab. I can then switch from one tab to the other. At the moment I have tabs for your blog, the RAW blog, my email and our district home page. I love it!! I believe Internet Explore has the tab function. Not sure about other browsers but I'd be surprised if they're not all moving that direction.